Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Delicious Day of Eats

My blog decided that since I was on vacation from school, it deserved to be too. Oops. I began that summer laziness that hits every "student." And I have another good excuse -- my computer did produce some sparks and smoke the last time I tried to turn it on.

The posts are going to start happening again, and this time they are no longer limited to all things sweet. While there will always be a special place in my heart (and stomach) for desserts, there is so much more I want to explore, write about and more importantly, eat.


Yesterday proved to be an excellent start to this new & improved eating. I started off the morning with a walk into Davis Square to Diesel Cafe where I had a delicious Iced Chai Latte and a bagel from Iggy's Bread. Iggy's is a local bread maker I am a big fan of and I was very excited to see their bagels right down my street.


By lunchtime, Sheree and I were walking around Harvard Square and decided we craved sushi. We both whipped out our phones and used our Yelp App to direct us to Takemura Japanese Restaurant. It was tough to find being tucked in the corner in a basement space on Eliot Street. Our favorite roll was the unagi eel roll topped with teriyaki sauce, and our least favorite was the spicy tuna because it was (for lack of a better term) too fishy. I am happy we did discover it though because it was quiet and the fastest sushi service I have ever received. We were in and out in 30 minutes -- which was just enough time to run back to the car and discover one of those lovely Harvard Square parking violations. 


As late afternoon approached, we headed to Margarita's for a couple (or 5) delicious celebratory drinks accompanied by bottomless chips & dip. I'm pretty simple when ordering a margarita --  house tequila, on the rocks with salt. Sheree's was much more exciting with a red sugar rim and 5 different kinds of alcohol, which when all was said and done tasted like purple Kool- Aid. Both fun and dangerous.


It was a great Monday off from work and I was happy to experience a delicious day of eats from a broad range of categories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment