Thursday, February 17, 2011

Holy Crêpe !

These past few days I've found myself walking in my apartment, throwing myself on the couch and saying "Holy crap -- I'm stressed." And well, we made crepes in class last week, alas the title name Holy Crepe! I'm finally starting to settle down in the new apartment and found some time for a long overdue post.


Last week we had one of the simplest classes yet. We made those thin little guys called crepes. The only other time I have tried a crepe before was at a friends house and for some reason I thought they were complicated to produce. Yet when we were making them, following the recipes was one of the simplest things we have made in class yet. You just take the ingredients, throw them in a blender and voila you have crepe batter. In class we used small thing pans to produce the exact size and shape we needed and by my second time up I was flipping the crepe in the air and landing it in the pan. Simple and fun! 


Aside from crepe-ing we played around with Sabayon, a light foamy dessert made with either champagne or wine. Again, one of the simplest and most delicious recipes. And the presentation for this looks great.


Sabayon

Beautiful Sabayon with 
Blueberries & Raspberries

The Crepe Production

Different Crepes filled with Pastry Cream

The Crepes I Helped Make
We drizzled dark & white chocolate on them,
then let them harden in the fridge over a cup sooo ....

We could fill them with some Sabayon!



More Filled Crepe Cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment