Monday, January 17, 2011

Garlic, Roasted Red Peps & Olive Oil

Today we got to use three of my all-time favorite ingredients in cooking. Garlic, roasted red pepper and of course olive oil. I never thought I would use any of these in pastry school, but we made some amazing breads today with them. The funnest part about making these breads were the different ways we cut and folded them for presentation. For our first bread my group chose a red pepper and olive bread. Ironically, I have much more of a love for eating Italian savory cuisine elements than anything sweet. I just love making sweets. This bread instantly tasted amazing. We shaped ours into a fougasse which is a flattened dough with elongated holes slit in them to make the appearance of tree limbs. The only problem is, ours didn't exactly look like they were supposed to. But, they were delicious. And I know the technique will come eventually. ... I hope !

Roasted Red Pepper & Olive Bread
Dipped in olive oil was HEAVEN!

Parsley & Garlic Bread 
(We even put cheese in some!)

The Class's Final Products
Notice theres some in the shape of a turtle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment